Rate Structure for 2016-2020
As of January 2016, LVMWD has adopted Water Budgets for each customer.
In association with the Water Budget program, a new rate structure became effective January 2016. In compliance with Proposition 218, notice of the rates was mailed to each LVMWD customer in September 2015.
The rate structure has been configured to encourage efficient water use; customers whose usage stays within the “efficient” range will pay the lowest rates. “Inefficient” and “excessive” water users will pay higher rates, reflecting the higher costs of providing additional water.
The information on your Water Budget Questionnaire has the number of people in your home and the square footage of your irrigated area. Use the Monthly Water Budget Calculator to find out your monthly water budget. If you have a Microsoft OneDrive the calculator will open in Excel Online.
- You will need a copy of your current water bill. View a sample bill with fields needed for input highlighted.
- These calculations are only an estimate.
- This calculator applies to single-family residents only; all other customer types looking for a bill estimate should email Customer Service or call (818) 251-2200.
- How to Live Within My Water Budget (PDF - 253KB)
- Potable Water RW Sanitation Rate Study Report - Final 10/13/15 (PDF - 3MB)
- Proposed Rate Structure (PDF - 1.8MB)
- Proposition 218 Notice
- Water Budget Notice
- Water Budget FAQs
- Monthly Water Bill Estimator
- One-Day Irrigation Restriction Lifted (PDF - 52KB)