Check in daily to see different ways that you can become more water efficient at home, work, and play!
According to a local survey, nearly 70% of water delivered to LVMWD customers is used outdoors, primarily for landscaping. So, the easiest and most effective way to save water (and lower your water bill) is by cutting outdoor water use.
A few more things you can do:
There’s probably more you could be doing indoors to reduce your water use as well. Here are some easy ways to save water inside your home:
- Install high-efficiency toilets, washing machines, faucets and shower heads. Click here for rebate information.
- Turn on your washing machine and dishwasher for full loads only.
- Check for leaks. The average household's leaks can account for more than 10,000 gallons of water wasted every year!
- How to Live Within My Water Budget
- Water Footprint - California Department of Water Resources
- Living Lightly in the Santa Monica Mountains: A Practical Manual for How to Care for the Shared Landscape upon Which All Our Lives Depend
- In Drought-Ridden California, the Classic Lawn Loses Ground, The New York Times, 26 Oct. 2015.
(Updated April 12, 2017)